Protect your facility, your employees and your investments with Plymovent’s SHIELD system. The SHIELD programme is made up of several modular components that can be combined to create customized system solutions.
- Reduce fire risk to a minimum
- Detects possible fire starters quickly
- Immediate suppression and extinguishes any fires that start
- Minimizes system damage
- Minimize filter replacement and maintenance cost
- Reduce production downtime in the even of a fire
- Increases effectiveness and lifespan of entire extraction system
The SHIELD consists of three categories:
The SHIELD system reduces filter fire risk in the metalworking industry to a minimum. Smoke, heat and sparks are detected at the earliest stages to minimize potential system damage and prevent fires and smoke from accumulating in the workshop. Fires are serious risk and can occur unexpectedly. Certain welding and cutting applications have a higher fire risk. The SHIELD system helps to protect your employees and your facility from these risks.
- Prevent sparks, spatter and cigarette butts from entering the ductwork and reaching filter cartridges.
- Debris is redirected into dustbins.
- Compact in-line spark arrester
- Developed specifically for oily welding applications and machining processes
- Limestone dousing unit, taking advantage of readily available limestone to decrease the combustibility of oil and reduce fire risks.
- The ShieldControl system is made up of detectors and a central panel.
- Detects fires in early stages
- Activates the suppression system as early as possible
- Isolates the fire and prevents filter fires from escalating into large system fires, limiting potential damage
- Aerosol fire extinguishing generator released when sliding valves are closed, extinguishing filter fires rapidly.
- Sliding Valves
- Isolate fires and minimize damage to your system and facility
- Stop the supply of oxygen