The US Labor Laws and Rules require every employer in each US state to maintain the air quality and overall atmosphere in all industrial environments. This is because workers performing their duties in an environment which has poor air quality are potentially at risks of getting sick, and sometimes ill. Air purification in industrial workplaces not only protects the workers, but also renders direct impacts on productivity. Also, it can help industries minimize negative impacts on production.
It is evident that when your employees have safe and healthy working conditions, they are happier and more efficient. Also, when the products and production equipment under the manufacturing process are not contaminated by air pollution, they will lead to cost reduction in repair, maintenance and housekeeping. Consequently, reduced costs and improved business productivity ensure increased company profits. That is really simple!
Hence, your first step should be to ensure that air in the workplace environment is clean and purified, especially at areas where activities like machining, welding, cutting and grinding take place. This is also necessary for efficient warehousing as well as logistics operations.
Invest in Air Purification
Overexposure to harmful or hazardous gases and fumes may not only negatively impact a welder’s health (from temporary illnesses like metal fume fever to certain severe conditions like cancer or death), but also affect your business. Consequently, failing to address overexposure to harmful and hazardous fumes and gases that may be present during a welding or cutting process, and their consequences on your workers’ health can wind up costing you in several ways.
Ensuring your employees’ safety is not only the right thing to do, but also a smart business move that can pay benefits now and in the future. Therefore, invest in workplace air purification to:
- Reduce direct and indirect employee health costs: Workplace illnesses and injuries cost businesses billions of dollars every year in the form of medical expenses, workers’ compensation and legal fees, training the replacement employees and lost productivity. Hence, investing in the safety of your employees can help avoid all such costs and build a stronger business. Thereby, protect your corporate bottom line.
- Reduce repair and maintenance costs on machines, equipment and workplace area: Bad workplace environment may not only have an impact on your employees’ health but also damage your products and production tools under the manufacturing process.
- Improve workplace productivity and employee relations: When employees feel that their health is compromised due to the harmful workplace atmosphere, their performance will decline. This will eventually affect your business in the long-run.
- Comply with legislation requirements and professional standards: Consistently ensuring your company’s compliance with legal and professional standards ensures workers’ health and the quality of the products or services you are offering.
- Invest to reinforce your corporate image: It takes many years to build a reputable public image and moments to destroy it. Therefore, be proactive with your brand and never compromise on your workers’ health.
Filtration, Ventilation and Extraction Options for Air Purification
Natural ventilation typically relies on fresh and neat air circulating in the workplace atmosphere, usually by opening windows. However, due to hazardous matter released by manufacturing processes, natural ventilation will not be enough to ensure workers safety. For example, many harmful gases, fumes, smoke, and other potentially toxic welding dust particles make their way into the air during several welding processes. If you fail to take precautionary steps to prevent these air pollutants, you will be compromising your workers’ health along with quality of the products or the services you offer.
When natural ventilation is not enough to prevent air pollution, your business can leverage a number of effective air purification options ranging from air filtration and exhaust units to high-powered mechanical ventilation systems. They will help remove polluted air and dust particles from the industrial environment and replace them with purified air.